Saturday 9 January 2016

I think I might be an empath! Here's the best and the worst part about it.



    Are you an empath?
 
 So at the very outset I’d like to get this thing out of the way- I’m not a religious person but a very spiritual one. Yes, there’s a difference (a HUGE one, if you ask me) but I won’t get into the nitty gritties.
Anyhow, ever since I was child, I had a huge group of friends and was a favourite (everybody-would-write-best-friend-essay-on-me favourite) but over time I’ve ceased to be that person and have a very definite set of friends. Not because I’m a loner but because I think I might be an empath.
Now who exactly is an empath? In my dictionary, an empath is a person who is very sensitive to other peoples’ auras (or say frequencies or vibrations). Yes, it’s gonna sound a little maniac, but there are people who can literally perceive or sense other peoples’ positive (or negative) vibes. 

Empaths are highly sensitive to others' emotional vibes and frequencies

So what does this really mean? It means that as soon as a person on a negative vibe comes in contact with an empath, it starts affecting them and vice versa.
Basically empaths are people upon whom other people unload there share of negativity. Reiki healers, for example, are empaths. And I really don’t think it is an easy job really because the burden they unload is not just a psychological one but also a physical one. Empaths gets back pains, head aches or any other bodily pain (yes, it’s true and actually proven!) due to all this negativity. And each such person responds differently to it. Some empaths become healers, some become introverts while some choose to over-ride those negative vibrations to pass on their positive aura onto the former.
So fascinating, right? 


Empaths may be of various types
 

Empaths who are really advanced with their skills actually have the power to change the world. It’s not uncommon for people who are depressed to “Attach” themselves to an empath as it keeps their suicidal thoughts at bay.  There are numerous reportings wherein a person was attempting to commit suicide but the mere presence of “a positive vibe” (an empath passing by) made them change their mind. The list is really endless…
However, there are certain negative aspects to it, as I said before, physical pains, mental agony, in some cases empaths even gain weight (because their body is used as a defense mechanism in times of excessive negative vibes)! An empath will try to save everyone he comes across but it can be quite frustrating because not every battle can be won especially when there is a lot of negativity surrounding them.

Empaths need to come to terms with the fact that not all battles can be won.

But if you ask me, empaths are pretty cool though it may (literally!) be a burden in some cases.

2 comments: