Tuesday 8 March 2016

A book review community for all the readers out there!

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
While the author who wrote this remains unknown, the truth of this statement can hardly be overstated.
Reading is perhaps the best gateway for the human mind to explore the world without leaving the comfort of your seat. Isn't this what Laura Jane Scott conveyed in her song 'The Librarian' (thank you, Castle!) when she said-
"I know the distance it takes
to sail around the world
I've done it many times
behind my knotted desk
In quiet service to the stories I collect
Until it's time to close and go home for the night"



I was thinking about how reading is an individual process but how I can make it more fruitful. And then it hit me, why not build an online library for all of us? Not of books but of book reviews! I figured since my book reviews get a great response I could make the activity more interactive by building a network of readers who're looking for suggestions and can give out some of their own.

Reading is best done if we share our experiences with each other.

How I plan to do this?
Well, I've come up with a dedicated Instagram account of my blog (@mrinaalsdiary) wherein readers can send in their pictures with the book they're currently reading. It could be a review of the book or the reason why you picked up the book, anything at all. What's more is that you can even send in an Instagram video of the book review! Can you imagine having a review of a book you've been meaning to pick up in 30 seconds or less? I believe it will be fun for all readers and further we can even put up a compilation of these reviews on the blog here.
I don't know if this venture will be a success or not but I'm willing to put in an honest effort to make it a success provided I have the support of you people which I hope I do. 

If reading is our gateway to another dimension then why not enter it together?


You can send in your review pictures or videos directly on the Instagram handle @mrinaalsdiary or inbox me on the Facebook page fb.com/mrinaalsdiary or mail it to me at mrinaaldatt.uils@gmail.com
Happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment